Dave gets his MBA

Dave gets his MBA

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021
I think it was in the teens.

Maggie and Barley

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet

I'm starting to think it's me. All in one year; record snow, record heat, an earthquake and a hurricane. Believe me, I can handle the heat, but the others combined with moving twice in one year are about to put me over the edge. We were in the basement having the house inspected in Maryland when the whole house started to shake. We ran out after the initial thought of "what in the hell is happening?". The trees and patio furniture continued to shake just as the earth did right under our feet. We realized shortly after the first rumble it was an earthquake but people in that area immediately thought terrorist attack. Then it occurred to us that if it is an earthquake and the epicenter is in the ocean and my kids are at the beach...oh no! Well, the phones were not getting cell service but we were able to text. It wasn't long before finding out that they felt it too but they were safe. Thank God. Then there's Irene. Knowing what my family and friends went through for "THE" storm, I will not complain too much about her. We just had our power restored tonight after 3 days of being without. Not having electricity is more tolerable than not having water. We use well water that is powered by a pump that uses electricity. So, that was probably the hardest part. But, it's over now! I really appreciate all of your thoughts and concern during and after the storm. Thanks to you all. I tracked the storm with the kids, something we always did as children. Listening to Nash giving you the coordinates. I have not been able to watch any of the hurricane coverage but I hear that Vermont did not fair well. We have plenty of trees down here. As for the beaches, I hate to think about the coastal erosion this has caused.
The girls and I will head down to Maryland Monday so they can start school Tuesday. We will stay for the week and come back to NY on the weekends and repeat until we close on the house and can move in. Our temporary living arrangements down there will be a hotel. Actually, we were starting to look forward to it. Even Julia said "at least the hotel will have electricity". Maggie also kept calling Hurricane Irene, Katrina. I think she thought "Katrina" was the general word for "hurricane". Well, our adventures will continue but I hope my next post will be less eventful. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York, New York, The City So Nice, They Named It Twice

It's Possible

Goodbye Skipper