Dave gets his MBA

Dave gets his MBA

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021
I think it was in the teens.

Maggie and Barley

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

March Madness

Oh my! We have been super busy around here.  Julia was in her school production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  It was awesome! Of course I think that!  She could have stood up there picking her nose (like some kids did) and I would have not been more proud!  Honestly, I was just so happy that she was a part of something bigger than herself.  She got to see what it was like to work with a group...a large group.  Her part in the play was being a member of the stage crew.  Last week, someone, the director or someone decided they needed 4 impromptu robots.  Julia was selected, or volunteered, to be one!  This whole experience has been so great for her.  I could see in her the sense of pride she felt about the play.  She took her job seriously.  As part of the stage crew, she had to dress like an oompa loompa.  See pics.  I've seen the movie (both old and new) several times, but it wasn't until I watched the play that I understood what moral it was trying to convey.  Don't be gluttonous!!! Don't be a brat!!! And Don't spend all of your time on electronics!!! Well, that's how the play went anyway. Did the kids get that from participating in this whole experience for 8 months? Probably not.  They are going to remember the chocolate boogers and Violet blowing up (fat suit under her dress). But that's okay. I think it's an event that I know my kids won't forget. Oh, I did forgot to mention this part....Maggie ended up on stage for the curtain call for Friday night's showing. Ooops, guess I lost track of my kid for a minute. Don't know how that happened.

We also had a lacrosse tournament.  The kids played in the rain, in the cold rain.  It, too was a great learning experience. Gave them good practice for our upcoming games.  We traveled almost to Delaware for it!  I used to hear about these parents traveling all over for ball games.  I guess that's what you do!

Oh, how could I forget.  My JOB.  Well, it has been rough.  I won't say much to protect the privacy of the school (not that anyone is reading this!)  I'll get it.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Well, that's my update of family stuff.  I have a few final notes.  I have been reading a couple of blogs...Want What You Have and Momastery.  Check those out if you have time.  I would link them right here but that is way beyond my technological skill set. The former focuses on living a simple life, being frugal, organization among other things.  The latter is about a woman that has battled alcoholism and has come out with a new take on life. She focuses on helping others, loving others and living peacefully.  Take a look at her blog and become a monkee.  So many blogs, so little time.  Signing off with light and love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York, New York, The City So Nice, They Named It Twice

It's Possible

Goodbye Skipper