Dave gets his MBA

Dave gets his MBA

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021
I think it was in the teens.

Maggie and Barley

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

On The Road Again

Well, I came to NY kicking and screaming and that's how I'll leave. I'm finally just grasping the idea of all of this. We should close on our house in Maryland in mid Sept. Until then, I will be living in a hotel with the children (when they start school) while Dave finishes work here in NY. We did the hotel thing when we moved here...not fun. Anyway, let's back up. Without going into too many details, Dave is taking a job with a distributor in D.C. Not as exciting as NY you say? I say that too. But, the good thing is this job is there and that's it and that's that. We will not be moving again. And that my friends, is a Good Thing. We will be living outside of Annapolis. Is that really where I want to plant roots? Not sure, mostly because all of this is happening really fast. I kind of have a bit of an attitude about this whole thing as you may be able to tell...but it's almost 1 in the morning and I had too much coffee tonight and can't sleep so that gives me a license to have an attitude (at this moment anyway...I have no excuse for the last month). There was plenty of other things I wanted to do here before leaving, but that's ok. I think for living here only 8 short months we did plenty. I'm grateful for that. Ok, now I'm being nice again. Seriously, Dave has had to put up with me moaning and groaning about this move. He's had a lot of patience with me. As for the girls, they are accepting it beautifully. I know the tears are not over, for none of us. They truly amaze me and I'm so blessed to be their mother. You know the saying "Everything happens for a reason". It holds true here too. We have met some beautiful people here in NY that I will never forget. I know we will remain friends as we move on to our next (and maybe final) destination. Ok, I don't want to get into all of that because I surely will cry...so I'm moving on.
My mother is here now. We went to NYC yesterday and visited 3 Flea markets, and swung by Times Square just for good measure. If you watch Discovery Channel's Dirty Money then you know about Hell's Kitchen Flea Market. We did not see Rat Boy or Jimmy or the other guy. I really don't remember their names. It was a fun time. Everyone is so hipster in NYC. I like people watching.
We just returned from our tour of the Gulf Coast, which is really where I'd like to settle one day. We had a great time getting to see family and friends in Alabama and Louisiana. Now it's time for me to focus on my very long to-do list. I've had little practice at moving so it shouldn't be too bad, right? Right. So, I'll have to change the name of this blog as I will no longer be in the "Big Apple". My sister- in-law suggested "Mrs. Stander Goes to Washington". It has a nice ring to it! I'll try to keep everyone posted on our journey. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York, New York, The City So Nice, They Named It Twice

It's Possible

Goodbye Skipper