Dave gets his MBA

Dave gets his MBA

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021

Girls in Leavenworth, Washington 12/2021
I think it was in the teens.

Maggie and Barley

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

Julia (in business attire) and Maggie

(Trying to get) Back in the Saddle Again

Well, it hasn't quite been a month yet and we are getting settled in. I have not one curtain hung but as far as boxes go, I'm in good shape (thanks, Pam). I've managed to find all of the things that I blamed the movers for "losing" and I have a listing on Craigslist for free boxes! Please someone take them off my hands and save a tree while doing it. I'm kind of at a standstill with decorating. We have not painted anything or hung one picture. I think with that comes a real ownership (well, the mortgage is real) as if to say... This is home. Not sure if I'm ready. Every other time I've moved I have been in such a hurry to do those things. I'm not feeling it this time. I'm really homesick for all or any of my old homes, anything familiar and comfortable would be nice. My old friends, too, mostly.
Miss Margaret was sick this week. She finally went back to school today. Our pediatrician (cvs doc in a box) said it was viral, but it hit her hard like the flu. I'm just glad she's back to her normal, cheery self. Julia and I go to St. Mary's City tomorrow on a field trip. At the last minute a seat on the bus became available for me, oh joy!
Dave is staying very busy at work. His commute to DC is about an hour each way. Traffic here is awful. It has been bad in every city we have lived. But, now he's driving this monsterous vehicle affectionately known as the "G unit" for it's guzzling capabilities on the gas tank. Come on Dave, let's go green. As it is, we killed a forest with all those boxes from the moves.
Fall is in full swing. I have to admit, I enjoy living in areas with 4 seasons. The colors are beautiful. Hopefully the winter is mild. I don't even want to think about that!
Well, thanks for reading. Hope everyone everywhere is doing well. Love to you all!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New York, New York, The City So Nice, They Named It Twice

It's Possible

Goodbye Skipper